A friend of mine is a recruiter and looking to fill the following:
Job Description: Technical Writer/Documentation Specialist
Technical writing, documentation of policies and procedures, process mapping. Intermediate Level technical writing experience with a Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or equivalent related field. Write and edit project, policy, procedure, process documentation/templates for systems/software. Under minimal direction, interact with subject matter experts and clients; and interview users and technical personnel to conduct user needs analyses. Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and groups. Collaborate with clients to propose documentation solutions; assist Project Manager with documentation project timeline and scheduling. Coordinate with internal documentation / policy control departments to ensure consistency with corporate documentation standards.
- Fully qualified in all routine and typical aspects of the role.
- Frequently uses and applies appropriate standards, principle theories, concepts and techniques.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general supervision and follows established procedures.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, Visio; familiarity with Microsoft Project.
- HTML/Dreamweaver experience a plus
Send me a note if you are interested and I'll hook you up.